Health Benefits of Pineapple Juice
Pineapple is an exotic fruit loved in snack, dessert, juice, sweet and savory dishes. It is found very easily in almost all food stores throughout the year. When ripe, it has a sweet smell that invites you to eat it. A great thing, it is not a high calorie fruit, although the taste is very sweet.
In addition to its good taste, pineapple is a fruit that is full of health benefits. It actually contains many minerals, nutrients and enzymes that are very useful to boost our immune system and help our body fight against diseases and infections.
Pineapples also contain many vitamins. Among them, vitamin C which has immunostimulating (Immunostimulant), antibacterial, antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties. The fresh juice of this beautiful fruit is a real cocktail to help our body fight against internal pathogenic attacks and external aggressions.
Discover the 7 most interesting health benefits of pineapple Juice
1) Weight Loss – The first health benefit of pineapples is obviously associated with weight loss. It eliminates extra fluid in our body, which causes us to naturally lose thickness in areas where water retention tends to settle such as the belly and thighs. Furthermore, thanks to its low-calorie content, pineapple is a fruit that can be eaten without any impact on our daily caloric intake.
Another advantage is the fact the fiber content helps regulate intestinal transit and facilitate the digestive process. Pineapple also contains bromelain, an enzyme that is very useful to effectively assimilate proteins that are difficult to break down. Thus, this healthy fruit helps prevent constipation and bloating associated with foods that our digestive system is struggling to absorb. There are many other health benefits of bromelain which are too much to be mentioned in this article; there are just some.
2) Relief Pain and Joint Inflammation – bromelain contained in pineapples also has anti-inflammatory properties, which makes it an ideal fruit for people suffering from pain and joint inflammation. In a recent study in Germany, a group of scientists have compared bromelain with diclofenac (100 mg / day), a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug, for six weeks, on 90 people suffering with osteoarthritis of the hip.
The result is amazing. The natural enzyme treatment is as effective as diclofenac in relieving the pain of osteoarthritis. On top of that, the enzymes seem to trigger fewer or no unwanted side effects, unlike the drug which is associated with serious adverse reactions such as severe abdominal pain, agitation, blurred vision, hearing loss, loss of consciousness, and vomiting of blood or material that looks like coffee grounds.
3) Anti-cancer – Pineapple also has anti cancer properties thanks to bromelain it contains. Many studies have found this powerful enzyme would naturally fight against cancer cells, mainly colon cancer, breast cancer and colorectal cancer cells. That is, cancer patients, as well as those who want to prevent the disease, should eat plenty of pineapple.
Clinical observations and several animal and cellular models based studies suggest that bromelain could have a direct damaging effect on formation and reproduction of cancer cells and their microenvironment. It also has a direct effect in the regulation and boosting of the immune system cells to fight carcinogenic attacks (cause cancer), and the hemostatic process in promoting blood clotting.
4) Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease – more than 10 studies have demonstrated that bromelain has anti-inflammatory, antithrombotic, anti-platelet and fibrinolytic properties (to dissolve blood clots). Small studies have also demonstrated that bromelain would cause a decreased risk of angina, as well as lower high blood pressure, and may reduce the risk of coronary heart attack.
However, few clinical studies have been conducted in humans. Most were either in vitro or in vivo studies in animals, making it very difficult to fully confirm these findings.
5) – Preventing and Treating Colds – it is very common in certain countries in Europe, such as Germany, for children with colds to be treated with bromelain from pineapple. And it would be more effective than conventional allopathic treatments: the enzyme reduces the time of illness to 6.5 days on average against about 8 days for conventional therapy alone.
Not only the enzymes from pineapples provide faster results they are also safer, causing no side effects whatsoever. Eating fresh pineapple also helps control the symptoms of sinusitis or prevent its complications such as infection.
6) Healing Burns and Wounds – in addition to bromelain, some enzymes of pineapple are effective in accelerating the healing of wounds and burns. An experiment conducted on severely burned rats showed that two enzyme extracts of pineapple helped relieve burns in 4 hours. Debridement, removal of damaged tissue or foreign objects from a wound, is done without any further complications.
Moreover, according to some US researchers who studied the effects of several plant extracts on wound healing, these enzymes from pineapples reduce swelling, bruising, pain and healing time after trauma or surgery. They facilitate faster recovery after surgical procedure.
7) Detoxifying – Thanks to its diuretic properties, pineapple helps the body remove excess fluid and to avoid retention or build up of toxins that invade our organisms on daily basis. However, pineapples, like any other diuretic, should be consumed naturally and in reasonable quantities; otherwise, excessive fluid loss can lead to dehydration.
Whether you want to become or remain healthy, or you are looking to live longer, pineapple is a fruit you need to adopt in your diet. This recommendation is even more primordial for people who want to lose weight or have been diagnosed with cancer.